Skip to main content

The rest of MFW 1850-Mod Times and K 2018

I realized my posts stopped since week 17. The pregnancy had gotten difficult and I was increasingly tired. What with that and also some glitches with my photos, I was not able to keep up with the posts. I made a good choice to stop blogging, I feel. I needed rest, and the last months of last school year were a miracle to finish!

We did finish, even if we skipped over some fun stuff. I tried my best to still make some memories out of the 1850-Modern Times year, as well as K for Baby Sis.

At the end of April, we did our CAT tests (formal for Big Bro, practice for Big Sis) and wrapped up a week before Wee Bro made his appearance.

The whole summer was Baby School. The first two months of newbornhood was hard for hubby and I. I think we forgot the toll of it. Even though we (and all the siblings) LOVE this little peanut, those two months were really exhausting, physically and mentally. Now that he is three months old, and we are ready for yet another new school year, I am so thankful that things settled and he is simply a joy to have around. Smiley, interactive, a superb nurser, and a good sleeper. God is our Ebenezer once again.

Well, I thought I'll not go back to the posts...but to just highlight some interesting things we did for weeks 18-36. =)

Some art projects we did:


For Week 19: Mexico Revolution - MOLA art


Week 20: H-h Horse
E-e Elephant Kadinsky Elmer


Week 23: K-k Kangaroo Australian Dot art


J-j Jewel


B-b Butterfly



X-x Fox

V-v Vegetable Above and Undergrounds


Q-q Quail James Rizzi birds

Science
Static Electricity

Learning about circuits

Learning about magnets


R-r Rock. Growing crystals











B-b Butterfly!! We love this!

Special Things
Anzac cookies for WWII (We LOVE these)

States games


Yes, we even celebrated 100th Day of School. I was so proud of myself.




Depression Cake




Big Sis finished Level J for Spelling Power

Daddy went to New Orleans, and got us some beignets
The girls wrote the script, practiced, made props, and put up a show for us. =)


We celebrated Chinese New Year

This year, I see a lot of this. The kids worshipping together. It is a BEAUTIFUL picture.

I was grateful that even in the days of discomfort with pregnancy, God reminded me to do things like these: impromptu picnic, just because the weather is unbearably good.

My first Irish Soda Bread for St. Patrick's Day

We had a wonderful vacation in March to Maine.


CAT test

Last week!!

The leaves came and we celebrated new life in our family
Fun Kindergarten stuff








Rock Bread for R-r Rock. (Pretty yummy!!)








Baby Sis loved this. She copied the stories for K and drew them too.






We made a quilt this year, using fabric markers. I'm thankful my mom was here, and she completed the quilt for me.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Online Resources: Sesame Street Games

I love the Sesame Street Games ...I think they are the best for preschoolers. They teach important concepts, at the same time, making computer skills real easy. For eg, there is no "click and drag"...that's hard for them...there's "click" "move" "click". There are some games Ian really likes...(click on photo for the games) That's the Wheels on the Bus song (you press the keys foe interactive movements) Patterns. Seasons. Fun for the kids. Walking the dogs...numbers. This is alltime favorite. First you make a pitcher of lemonade. Then depending on how many monsters come, you click however many cups. I love it!

Science 2015/2016: Human Body Recap

We really had fun learning about the Human Body this year. I thought it would be meaningful to consolidate our learning. We enjoyed the Body Book more than I thought we would. I did do most of the cutting though. We also enjoyed the different videos we watched and the experiments. I think this is the most successful science year yet. The five senses Tongue the Ear The Skin The Eye Skeleton Joints Long Bone Tooth Brains Spinal Cord Digestive System Stomach The Lungs The Heart The Urinary System The Muscle Look through all our experiments and videos here .

MFW ECC Wks 5-6: Mexico

* My pinterest page, booklist, planning pages are on the side bar* Overview Bible:    Cuba, Haiti, Mt 4:4, Mt 4:19 Christian Heros:  Cameron Townsend Geography:  Mexico, Vocab(Desert, dune, canyon, gulch) Math:  Multiplication tables, Division Language:  Lessons 4/5 ( ã„” ㄨ ã„Ÿ ㄤ ã„’ ã„™ ã„• ã„¥ ã„‹ ), Spelling Power, Spanish Science:  deserts, desert diorama Art: Tissue paper flower, God's eye, Mexican Paper Doll,  Books we read:  Mexico A-Z Deserts (Gail Gibbons) Snakes are hunters Count your way through Mexico Nine days to Christmas Our centerpiece (the tissue paper flower, Mexico colors and sombrero wannabes) Bible Learnt about Cuba and Haiti and prayed for them. Ian has used the   Matthew Bookmark  (with the reading plan) used the reading for his devotional time. I asked him to write down one thing he learnt and one question he has every time. He has AMAZING questions!! Memory work: Mt 4:4 and 4:19 Did a dictation on the verse. Christian