I'm trying to put the different paperwork we did from the start.
What we already did:
1. Sent in the Letter of Intent (LOI)
2. Got a call back saying they need the birthdate of the child (Apparently this is normal for NYC. I'm fine)
3. Got a letter from them, asking for copy of birth cert and proof of residency. Sent.
What we are waiting for:
1. I'm waiting for some response from them and on Aug 15th I'll send in our Individualized Home Instruction Plan.
2. I'm also waiting for the Metro Card form (that's like the most exciting thing for Ian)
This particular website helped me TONS in this process. Also groups like NYHEN, LEAH (Brooklyn/Queens).