Skip to main content

Creation Unit - Part 1

Day 7 of homeschool. 
We had so much fun!
Here are what we did. (Rather far from our "plan")

 Basic work/Lang/Math
1. 100 chart and the 100 box (we used craft sticks and a closable container)
2. Day Chart and the Weather
3. Calendar
4. God's wisdom for little boys and girls. (and an attempt for copy work)
5. Review of the alphabet (practicing lower and upper case in the balcony using chalk, using the pockets and cards from MFW)
 6. Math work (either from some folder games or the "Write and Slide" book)

 Creation
1. Creation book and Creation numbers (We pasted them on the board and then into a book)
2. Tangrams (for the fish and animal days)
3. Dot to dot elephant (alphabet)
4. Chinese Creation Poem (he fills in the blanks with words he knows to write)
5. Creation Lapbook
6. Special snacks (we only did goldfish with blue jell-O, dirt cup and graham bears)


Preschooler Since my little preschooler (2.5 yrs) joins in school, I try to do a bit of folder games for her.

  1. Gingerbread men buttons (shapes)
  2. Painbrush (colors)
  3. Animals coloring book (I did a small one for her) got them from here
  4. I did my own Boz match the shapes and foam shapes/colors match


Computer
  He has computer time 3 times a week. I choose some games for him and he gets to choose 2 of his own.
  Some great sites for computer games that I have found:
Fishing game (numbers) - There is a problem of click and drag, hard for kinder.
 Motor matching of shadows (shapes of things) - Too short a time for kinder
  Grover bumper cars (phonics and letters) - fun 
Gingerbread men (shapes/creativity)
  Our favorite site is still Sesame Street
A good phonetic one is Starfall.


Workbox
Halfway through, I discovered the workbox system and I love it. 
No, my child cannot do workbox independently like others. I still have to be by his side, but it's a great organization tool i think! It helps me and him to know what next to expect. 


I'm waiting for my velcros and laminating machine to come...so it'll be a little work in progress. I might write a post on workbox later.


All of our creation unit posts here

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Online Resources: Sesame Street Games

I love the Sesame Street Games ...I think they are the best for preschoolers. They teach important concepts, at the same time, making computer skills real easy. For eg, there is no "click and drag"...that's hard for them...there's "click" "move" "click". There are some games Ian really likes...(click on photo for the games) That's the Wheels on the Bus song (you press the keys foe interactive movements) Patterns. Seasons. Fun for the kids. Walking the dogs...numbers. This is alltime favorite. First you make a pitcher of lemonade. Then depending on how many monsters come, you click however many cups. I love it!

Science 2015/2016: Human Body Recap

We really had fun learning about the Human Body this year. I thought it would be meaningful to consolidate our learning. We enjoyed the Body Book more than I thought we would. I did do most of the cutting though. We also enjoyed the different videos we watched and the experiments. I think this is the most successful science year yet. The five senses Tongue the Ear The Skin The Eye Skeleton Joints Long Bone Tooth Brains Spinal Cord Digestive System Stomach The Lungs The Heart The Urinary System The Muscle Look through all our experiments and videos here .

MFW ECC Wks 5-6: Mexico

* My pinterest page, booklist, planning pages are on the side bar* Overview Bible:    Cuba, Haiti, Mt 4:4, Mt 4:19 Christian Heros:  Cameron Townsend Geography:  Mexico, Vocab(Desert, dune, canyon, gulch) Math:  Multiplication tables, Division Language:  Lessons 4/5 ( ㄔ ㄨ ㄟ ㄤ ㄒ ㄙ ㄕ ㄥ ㄋ ), Spelling Power, Spanish Science:  deserts, desert diorama Art: Tissue paper flower, God's eye, Mexican Paper Doll,  Books we read:  Mexico A-Z Deserts (Gail Gibbons) Snakes are hunters Count your way through Mexico Nine days to Christmas Our centerpiece (the tissue paper flower, Mexico colors and sombrero wannabes) Bible Learnt about Cuba and Haiti and prayed for them. Ian has used the   Matthew Bookmark  (with the reading plan) used the reading for his devotional time. I asked him to write down one thing he learnt and one question he has every time. He has AMAZING questions!! Memory work: Mt 4:4 and 4:19 Did a dictation on the verse. Christian