4th/2nd Grade Creation to the Greeks
I am the LORD your God...you shall have no other gods before me.
- Memorized the 1st commandment
We learnt about how Abraham moved from Ur to Canaan. This beautiful map is from here
We also learnt about Job, Lot, Hagar and Ishmael.
- Light: Refraction
We learnt about how curved surface refract light and words get magnified. I did not use the soda bottle as the book says, but I used our clear vinyl sheet on our dinner table and it worked perfectly!
And we made crystals using baking soda and hot water! However, we were not able to observe much from the magnification of the crystals.
Day 2 (Water and Air): How clouds are formed
We learnt about evaporation and condensation of water.
Have you wondered?
- Big Bro continued to learn about sentences and work on diagramming sentences
- Big Sis finished Unit 1 and scored almost perfect for her test!
- Spelling Power for Big Bro
- Spelling by Sight and Structure for Big Sis
- We also learnt the Greek word "metron" and did our English from the Roots Up notebook page. We also revised the past words.
- We finished Tangelwoods' Secret and Mommy had a good cry for two of the chapters
- And we also continued to read "All-of-a-kind Family"
Big Sis' English
Paragraphs work for Writing Strands
English from the Roots up. (The Greek words we learnt)
Mommy is a super multi-tasker! We are doing spelling for both at the same time!!
- We finished 康軒首冊(revising the BoPoMoFo). And we're moving on to Book 1 (A)
We learnt to use pen and ink to draw textures
And we listened to Vivaldi's Summer.
- Why is Job called "blameless" when in Romans we are told "everyone has sinned?? Isn't that a great que Big Sis asked? I have yet to research on that.
- Why is the first commandment "you shall have no other gods BEFORE me"...you mean we can have it "after"? It should be better translated"other than me"?
- What is a miracle (Big Sis asked)
- Did Abram lie when he said Sarai was his sister? Half. She was his "half sister".
Kindergarten: A-a Apple
We did a lot of fun things for A-a apple and will continue to do that next week.