Skip to main content

Our favorite iPad Apps

We use my iPad quite frequently, for school and myself.
Here is our list of our favorite iPad Apps (till now) (and most of them are free, at least when we got them)


Children
Mickey Mouse Road Rally (free. The kids REALLY love this and me too, quite fun, interactive and educational)


Puzzingo (free. like a wooden puzzle game and the younger ones LOVE this)

Toca Doctor (we got it free, now $1.99, but it's quite fun for the younger ones, to "heal all the ailments" of the body, by putting up band-aid, or pulling out spikes, taking away germs etc)

Teach Me ($1.99. we got them for a review, there's a toddler, K, 1st, 2nd and 3rd grade versions. Read our review here)
Avatar Books App (free. I found this app VERY amusing because we get to put our kids' photos up at the avatar and the kids love it but as a book it's ok..)

How to Draw (we got it free, now $1.99, I didn't like it THAT much, but funny thing was Colleen REALLY REALLY likes it)

Stella and Sam (We got the Into the Snow and Rainy Days for free, now $2.99. The kids love it and I LOVE IT!!! the stories are WONDERFUL, Stella and Sam are SOOO adorable and the games are fun)

Math Express (free. The kids and I love it. More for K to 1st grade level)

Doodle Dots (free. Quite fun. Like a dot-to-dot, but using numbers, colors, shapes, fruits)

Puzzle Farm (free. One of the puzzle apps we like. Clean and easy to use)

Letter Land (we got it free. Now $0.99. I was ok with the app, but Colleen REALLY likes it...took a while to learn it)

Letter of the Day by Lakeshore (we got it free. Now $1.99. I like it. Very educational. Clean graphics. Good learning, with tracing)

Adding Apples (We got it free. Now $0.99. Fun easy addition concepts for the young ones)

Subtracting Sardines (same as Adding Apples)

Nighty Night (We got it free. Now $2.99. Very good graphics, fun interactive. But not much educational sense...just switching off the lights for the animals to sleep, but the kids like it)

Stack the States (One of the RARE ones we paid. $0.99. I thought it's VERY educational. The kids haven't gotten to play it yet, cos it's not at their level)

Word Tracer (we got it as a review. now $2.99. My fav app for learning Chinese. But it's only Simplified. Our review here)


For me
These are what I use the most and like
Facebook (not the best, but better), Kindle, Dropbox, YouVersion Bible, Cozi (for grocery lists), Simple Note (for ALL note taking)
I also use Pepperplate to put in my recipes and my menu planning
And I use Prayers Notes for noting down prayer request (I like it)


All are free.


Also, I follow Apps for Homeschooling on FB to find free apps all the time. I don't like free "lite" apps, I go for the free for a period ones.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Online Resources: Sesame Street Games

I love the Sesame Street Games ...I think they are the best for preschoolers. They teach important concepts, at the same time, making computer skills real easy. For eg, there is no "click and drag"...that's hard for them...there's "click" "move" "click". There are some games Ian really likes...(click on photo for the games) That's the Wheels on the Bus song (you press the keys foe interactive movements) Patterns. Seasons. Fun for the kids. Walking the dogs...numbers. This is alltime favorite. First you make a pitcher of lemonade. Then depending on how many monsters come, you click however many cups. I love it!

Science 2015/2016: Human Body Recap

We really had fun learning about the Human Body this year. I thought it would be meaningful to consolidate our learning. We enjoyed the Body Book more than I thought we would. I did do most of the cutting though. We also enjoyed the different videos we watched and the experiments. I think this is the most successful science year yet. The five senses Tongue the Ear The Skin The Eye Skeleton Joints Long Bone Tooth Brains Spinal Cord Digestive System Stomach The Lungs The Heart The Urinary System The Muscle Look through all our experiments and videos here .

MFW ECC Wks 5-6: Mexico

* My pinterest page, booklist, planning pages are on the side bar* Overview Bible:    Cuba, Haiti, Mt 4:4, Mt 4:19 Christian Heros:  Cameron Townsend Geography:  Mexico, Vocab(Desert, dune, canyon, gulch) Math:  Multiplication tables, Division Language:  Lessons 4/5 ( ã„” ㄨ ã„Ÿ ㄤ ã„’ ã„™ ã„• ã„¥ ã„‹ ), Spelling Power, Spanish Science:  deserts, desert diorama Art: Tissue paper flower, God's eye, Mexican Paper Doll,  Books we read:  Mexico A-Z Deserts (Gail Gibbons) Snakes are hunters Count your way through Mexico Nine days to Christmas Our centerpiece (the tissue paper flower, Mexico colors and sombrero wannabes) Bible Learnt about Cuba and Haiti and prayed for them. Ian has used the   Matthew Bookmark  (with the reading plan) used the reading for his devotional time. I asked him to write down one thing he learnt and one question he has every time. He has AMAZING questions!! Memory work: Mt 4:4 and 4:19 Did a dictation on the verse. Christian